Photo: Courtesy Vedge (Philadelphia, PA)
Recipe provided by Kate Jacoby and Rich Landau, chefs at Vedge in Philadelphia. Hear more in The Key 3 segment recorded at their restaurant.
- 1 Qt chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 Cup finely diced pickles
- 1/4 Cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 TBSP lightly chopped capers
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- 2 1/2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
1) Put all of the vegetables into a strainer and press to remover as much water as possible
2) Lightly crush the chickpeas by pulsing in the food processor until a course chunky texture is reached. Do not overmix and puree. (If you do not have a food processor you can mash lightly with a fork.)
3) Fold all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
4) Chill for at least one hour.